Campaign 2000 builds on the deep public concern about this issue by engaging local communities to examine child poverty and children’s well-being through presentations, displays, forums and our publications. Campaign 2000 also encourages communities to take action and advocate for the advance of doable public policy solutions in regards to income, services, housing, and labour market security for families and children.
If you would like to learn more about Campaign 2000 and are interested in having Campaign 2000 representatives to your community, please contact:
- Anita Khanna
National Coordinator, Campaign 2000
Director of Social Action and Community Building, Family Service Toronto
Tel: (416) 595-9230, Ext. 250
- Liyu Guo
Tel: 416-595-9230 x244
Recent Community Work
Mother’s and Caregivers Send Recommendations to Party Leaders
On May 9, 2014 Ontario Campaign 2000, Family Service Toronto and the Income Security Advocacy Centre partnered with Ryerson University’s School of Social Work, CAW-Sam Gindin Chair in Social Justice and Democracy and the Ryerson Students’ Union to host our third annual Mother’s Day Breakfast. Each year, the breakfast honours the advocacy work of mothers and caregivers living in low income. This event was planned by a dedicated committee of mothers and the program included performances by the very talented Domanique Grant, inspiring speeches from peer advocates and a recognition of FST’s 100th year providing services and fighting poverty.
Participants were asked to brainstorm ways the Ontario Government could improve the lives of Mothers and Caregivers in Ontario. The women came up with 35 good ideas which were compiled into a list and have been sent to provincial party leaders Andrea Horwath, Tim Hudak, Mike Schreiner and Kathleen Wynne.
The following publications are available to order:
- Campaign 2000 National Report Card on Child/Family Poverty – Let’s Do This: Let’s end child poverty for good – Nov. 2015 (1 copy is free; $2.00/copy if ordered in bulk from 5, 10, etc. Shipping and handling included). French available.
- Campaign 2000 Ontario Report Card on Child/Family Poverty – Child poverty, 25 years later: We can fix this – Nov. 2014 (1 copy is free; $2.00/copy if ordered in bulk from 5, 10, etc. (shipping and handling included). French available.
- Campaign 2000 bilingual poster: I pledge to do my part – Nov. 2014,
- Campaign 2000 Policy Perspectives: Summoned to Stewardship: Make Poverty Reduction A Collective Legacy – Sept. 2007 ($20/copy; French available)
- Campaign 2000 General Information Package (One package free on request: We recommend that you download and print it off our website.)
If you are interested in any of the above publications, download and mail us this form. Please include your cheque and money order.
202-128A Sterling Road
Toronto, M6R 2B7